When looking at your venues blank reception space try to imagine the possibilities to transform your space, not only low and high centerpieces but how to accentuate the existing fixtures within the space to wow your guest. What about the window sills, the chandeliers, or even niches within the space. Suspended wedding décor has been a huge trend this year! Floral chandeliers especially has looked romantic and stunning at weddings. Chandeliers in and of itself gives even the most raw of spaces an upscale vibe, it creates texture and amazing accents for your wedding. Have your vendors work together to create even more depth, texture and interest by up lighting, pin spotting, or suspended sheers to create even more of a dramatic effect. Here are some examples below of some of the magical creations we did for past clients! Call Flou(-e)r today to set up an appointment to create your own floral chandelier today!
Celosia, otherwise known as cockscomb, is a unique bloom that is in season throughout summer to late November. There are two common types of celosia, the Bombay celosia look like a velvet brain or a piece of coral and the crested celosia which has feathery plumes resembles fluffy grass. These blooms come in many hues such as orange, pink, hot pink, red, yellow, and chartreuse making it much easy to compliment your wedding theme. Cockscombs are great for summer weddings since it holds up in the heat well, but also great for the fall because of its deep saturated color and looks chic throughout your special day.
Even though these blooms have a funky look, celosia looks amazing with traditional flowers such as orchids or roses. Even just a whole bouquet of cockscomb will be a showstopper anywhere you place them! Celosia not only looks velvety, it feels just as it looks and people can’t resist touching them. They give a unique texture and accent to other blooms and is a great conversation topic at your wedding reception. For your upcoming fall wedding, call Flou(-e)r today at 617-514-3756 to learn more about celosia or fill out our request form here to book an consultation with us!
It’s summer and a perfect time for a wedding! Katelyn and Kevin celebrated theirs last July at The State Room in downtown Boston. This venue is known for their stunning and unparalleled views that overlook the city and the Boston harbor. The tables were adorned with navy blue satin linens that paired nicely with the urban chic venue. Their soft pink centerpieces complimented the elegance and the color scheme of the room. The ornate clear glass vessel set the stage for a grand arrangement on top consisting of white & blush hydrangeas, dahlias, many shades of pale pink roses, stock, along with football mums. The hydrangeas created the base of the arrangement and the additional blooms added depth & texture. The arrangements were tall and grand, yet had a traditional feel. To create visual interest while the guests enjoyed their meals Katelyn and Kevin choose to use clear glass floating candle pedestals with a lush arrangement at the base. The bridal bouquet was also traditionally reserved, but simply elegant with all white blooms consisting of hydrangeas, tibet roses, spray roses and lisianthus. The hand tied bouquet was wrapped with ivory satin ribbon with some stems to show. We had an amazing time creating this elegant wedding while seeing their vision come to life! Thanks to Person & Killian for capturing such amazing images for us.
Established in 1848, Boston Public Library was the first large municipal library in the United States. Boston Public Library offers one of the most historic and unique event venues in the city. They accommodate a variety of captivating spaces that offers an ideal setting for special events like weddings. We were able to experience the magic that Boston Public Library had to offer through Ashley and Marco’s wedding!
The bride had an arrangement of white and light blush peonies for her bouquet which had depth and texture through the use of multiple lush blooms with a white and blush colorway. She had white freesia and cream spray roses that were placed in her hair that looked stunning with her wedding dress. The groom’s boutonniere had an elegant touch of a single white ranunculus with a rosemary accent that was wrapped in a black satin ribbon. The bridesmaids all held blush roses with infusions of silver-green dusty miller that were wrapped with a silver ribbon to flatter their darker grey dresses. The ceremony for these two love birds where held in one of Boston Public Library‘s beautiful outdoor courtyard with its gorgeous bacchante and infant faun fountain in the middle of it. The space that was in front of the fountain, which was the backdrop for where the vows had taken place, was complimented with traditional white urns that were filled with white hydrangeas, white, cream & champagne roses on each corners of the cascading water fountain. After exchanging their vows, the bride and groom had their first dance.
Inside the library, the reception was held in Bates Hall where the rectangular tables were lined with centerpieces that were ornate mercury glass vessels in different sizes that held arrangements of white hydrangeas, white, cream & champagne roses, white cream spray roses, white lisantuis, olive greens, seeded eucalyptus & dusty miller. The tablescape had depth and texture through the use of multiple vessels, with natural, lush blooms and greens. It looked amazing with the books from the library that the bride handpicked and placed throughout the tables. Congratulations again to Ashley & Marco, it was an exquisite vision to be a part of especially in the heart of Boston! Take a look at their pictures of their special day, credits are given to Zev Fisher for the wonderful images below!
Dahlias, which were named after the 18th century botanist Anders Dahl, are in season right now and are a beautiful addition to add to your wedding this summer! Dahlias have more than thirty species within its family so they come in many different sizes, shapes, and hues of color. These flowers can be as tiny as dainty pom-poms to as large as “dinner plates” because they can bloom to the size of an actual dinner plate or even have shaggy spider heads! Dahlias are only available in the late-summer or early fall, so they are perfect for weddings during this season and they are more affordable than peonies.
Most recognized for its array of shades and stunning petal arrangement, Dahlias are ideal for a budget-conscious bride. Dahlias are perfect for modern weddings due to their symmetrical petals which looks graphic and remarkable on their own or with other blooms. While dahlias are exuberant flowers to gaze upon, they additionally offer a great deal of meaning which makes it ideal to use on your special day. They symbolize elegance and dignity but also thought to express an eternal bond between two people, wishing couples a commitment and bond that lasts forever. Dahlias are perfect for your wedding because they can match into any decor you are looking to create whether it be for your bouquet or mixed with other blooms in a centerpiece. Since they take on many different personalities depending on the type and colors of the flowers you choose, in the end, there is no way of going wrong! Call us today at 617.514.3756 to get Dahlias exquisitely arranged for your wedding this summer!
Peonies are recently the perfect touch for a modern early summer wedding! They embody love and prosperity with the good omen of good fortune and a happy marriage, making it a perfect choice for brides to use on their special day. Unfortunately, Peonies aren’t available all year long so it’s best to get them between May and June making them a perfect choice for spring-summer weddings! It can last through all types of weather conditions, meaning even if your wedding day will be hot or windy, you can count on your peonies to keep looking beautiful. Peonies are often best on their own but they can be mixed with other spring flowers to create a dramatic but chic arrangement. Here are some of the top wedding trends with these beautiful flowers!
- Floating Peonies: Since it has such a lush, dome shape bloom, making peonies look effortless and stunning in this arrangement. Place big blossoms with stems cut an inch below the bloom and float them in a considerable sized bowl filled with tepid water, but remember, less is more!
- Bouquets: This type of flower will add a lovely, fragrant touch to your bouquet. With peonies large variety of color choices, it will fit any wedding theme you have planned. From hot pink peonies to give a more colorful and bold look, to soft pink and white blooms for more of a romantic and classic feel. Peonies bouquets can also be minimal since they stand on their own very well but whimsical with other flowers. It can also be arranged with accents like a satin ribbon or hemp wrapping these flowers up for the perfect finishing look.
- Table Centerpieces: Everyone loves looking at the big ruffles of the peonies blooms and brides love that it comes in many different hues to match their vision. From a range of soft and pretty to bold and seductive to traditional and feminine. A few blooms in a simple arrangement can instantly take you table to the next level! Peonies’ large heads are ideal to feature them as centerpieces. In addition, you can make them look exotic with the Coral Charm variety and adding other assortments of yellow and bright pink flowers to the arrangement.
- Wedding Cakes: The heads of the Peonies are big with vibrant colors, has a well-defined shape, and great staying power making it a great decor for wedding cakes. Whether it is peonies sugar blooms or real blooms, it gives you a beautiful texture and color to your confection.
In 2015 there has been some new wedding trends that have been breaking through the traditional scene. Here are 4 big trends to follow for weddings happening this year.
- Rustic Chic – Lace and burlap has always been trendy over the years but now it has a new twist! Big fluffy peonies and sparkly linens are the new items to make your rustic wedding perfect. Making the venue seem more vintage but adding chandeliers instead of bistro lights have become more popular with this theme.
- Drone Wedding Photos and GoPro Videos – With the evolution of technology comes the evolution of wedding photos with this trend! You’ll be able to achieve your wedding photos at any angle, whether it be aerial shots of your ceremony or having a group shot of you and all of your guests. You will also be able to have more candid photos of you dancing at the reception, capture guests’ reaction as you enter the reception with the GoPro!
- Romantic Luxe – This trend is all about high flower content of romantic blooms such as hydrangea, roses and cascading orchids in creamy pastel colours. For brides wanting a clean, feminine, and softer look this theme is the way to go. Having an abundance of luxurious florals but avoiding foliage is key to making the flowers a statement piece at your wedding.
- Flower Crowns – In recent months beautiful floral crowns has been the new item for brides to wear on their big day! Whether it be made from delicate flowers like baby’s breath to fuller and bigger crowns made from mini-English garden roses, wax flower and lots of ribbon satin tails. This trend is perfect for the spring and summer time. Wearable flower crowns are romantic and a fun touch to add to your engagement photo!